A complete copy of these rules can be obtained by contacting radio station KLAL (“Station”), 700 Wellington Hills Road, Little Rock, 72211, during available business hours Monday through Friday, on the Station website www.alice1077.com, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the KLAL/ALICE 1077’s Heather and Poolboy Giveaway (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each entrant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents of the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, excluding Florida and New York residents, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 90 days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the 90 days Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Station, [Cumulus Media Little Rock], and each of their parent companies, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest entry period will begin at [06:00AM] CT on January 1, 2022 and will run weekdays from [06:00am] until [10:00am] through December 31, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter.
On-Air: Listen to the Station weekdays during the Contest Period. When the Station announces the start of the contest, listeners must call the Station at 501-403-4321. Caller (1) to the Station, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be entered for a chance to win. Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished. Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to verify winner’s eligibility may result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. LIMIT ONE PRIZE PER PERSON.
- Winner Selection. The announcers will ask listeners to call or text in and compete in each day’s contest. Listed below are the potential contests in which listeners may be asked to compete for the prize.
–Daily Trivia: The announcers will ask a trivia question about any topic given any title. Callers must answer the designated question in the designated amount of time correctly to win. If the first caller does not answer the question correctly, the on-air announcers will continue to ask the next listener who calls, in sequential order, to play another round of the game until a contestant has completed the game. Daily trivia may be done via text as well. If that is the case, after the on-air announcers ask the trivia question, the first text received with the correct answer based on the listing in our text program will be declared the winner.
–Which One Doesn’t Belong?: The announcers will ask listeners to identify which of the three statements is not part of the specified category. The first caller to answer correctly will win. If the first caller does not win, the on-air announcers will continue to ask the next listener who calls, in sequential order, to play another round of the game until a contestant has completed the game before the buzzer/timer ends.
–Listen Up Listeners/Losers: The announcers will play a sped-up reading of a list of 6-12 words on-air. It will be between 50-75% faster than their average speaking voice. The caller must repeat the list of words back correctly on the first guess. If the first caller does not answer the question correctly, the on-air announcers will continue to ask the next listener who calls, in sequential order, to play another round of the game until a contestant has completed the game.
-Catchphrase: The announcers will use an official Catchphrase electronic game to play Catchphrase with callers. The announcer will give the caller clues to get the keyword listed on the Catchphrase game. The first listener to answer four (4) keywords correctly within the designated Catchphrase clock time will win. If the first caller does not win, the on-air announcers will continue to ask the next listener who calls, in sequential order, to play another round of the game until a contestant has completed the game before the buzzer/timer ends.
-High or Low: The announcers will ask which person, place, or thing, has more or less of something. This may be a comparison between people, places, or any other thing that may be assigned a number or value. This is open to any topic given any title. Callers must answer the designated question in the designated amount of time correctly to win. If the first caller does not answer the question correctly, the on-air announcers will continue to ask the next listener who calls, in sequential order, to play another round of the game until a contestant has completed the game.
-Sing It Back: The announcers will take a phone call and read a line from a song. The caller must sing or say back the next line of the song correctly. If the first caller does not win, the on-air announcers will continue to ask the next listener who calls, in sequential order, to play another round of the game until a contestant has completed the game in the allotted time.
-Name That Tune: The announcers will play a song on air. Listeners must listen to the song and then call in and give either the title, the artist, or both (rules stated at announcers’ discretion). The song may be a cover, in another language, sped up, slowed down, or any other potential version outside of the original. The first listener to name the song correctly will win the prize.
-Poker: The announcers will get a listener on the line and deal each other five cards each. The caller will say which person they want to play for them. If the announcer with the better hand is the one the caller asked to play for them then they are the winner.
-Slap Jack: The announcers will accept two callers. The first caller chooses which announcer they want to play for them and the second caller will have the other announcer play for them. A third announcer will deal the cards face up one at a time. If a Jack is shown, the first announcer who slaps it will claim that Jack. Whichever announcer claims the most Jacks in the deck wins. In the event of a tie, the dealer will choose a random card to slap and the first one to slap that one will win the game.
-Alice Battleship: Listeners will call in and guess where the announcers have placed their “battleship” on spaces designated by each letter in “Alice” creating a column, and on spaces designated by each number in “107.7” creating a row. Announcers will take callers in sequential order until a caller correctly guesses which coordinate contains one of the announcers’ battleships.
-Crack The Code: Listeners will be given three – five clues with a numerical value attached. Callers must give the numbers in order that have been assigned to each clue. Announcers will take callers in sequential order until a caller correctly guesses all numbers in order and “unlocks the safe” with the designated prize.
-Putt Up Or Shut Up: The announcers will accept two callers. The first caller chooses which announcer they want to play for them and the second caller will have the other announcer play for them. Whichever announcer makes the first putt on the designated putting green without the second announcer making theirs wins the prize for their designated caller.
-Mooseketball: The announcers will accept two callers. The first caller chooses which announcer they want to play for them and the second caller will have the other announcer play for them. The announcers then take turns shooting a ball into a “hoop” made by their producer, Moose’s, arms. Whichever announcer makes the first shot on without the second announcer making theirs wins the prize for their designated caller.
-Text: If text messaging is needed to perform the contest, the first listener to send a text message with the correct answer to whatever is asked to 501-403-4321 during the Contest Period will win. All entries must be received by time given from announcers to be eligible for a chance to win a prize.
Message and data rates may apply. Station has no responsibility for any fees or charges associated with any text messages entrant sends or receives in connection with the Contest. Entrant agrees to receive messages from Station from time to time relating to the Contest, the Station, and any Contest sponsor or prize provider.
Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) to claim the prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
- Prizes: [(1-5)] prizes will be awarded in this Contest each week. One (1) Grand Prize to be awarded each weekday morning of contesting. Each winner will receive the designated prize as stated by the announcer. This may include but is not limited to Sweet Deal gift certificates, gift certificates, event tickets, or any other potential giveaways.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is Ten to Five Hundred dollars ($10-500).
TOTAL ARV OF ALL CONTEST PRIZES IS: [Ten ($10) to maximum of Five Hundred Dollars ($500).
For entry to the prize event, each event attendee may be required to show valid proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and/or valid proof of a negative test for the COVID-19 virus within 72 hours (or such other time as the event organizers require) prior to the event.
Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
If any prize or a portion of any prize is postponed, cancelled, or otherwise unavailable due to disease, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, any acts of government and/or any reason that is beyond the control of Station or any Sponsor, then no substitution shall be provided. Station and any Sponsors make no representation or warranty about the safety of any prize. By accepting and using a prize, each winner acknowledges and assumes all risks of accepting and using the prize, and any other risks associated with the prize.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station and Sponsor(s), which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Sponsor(s), Cumulus Media New Holdings Inc., and each of their affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a entrant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Publicity. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, entry, and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, Sponsor(s), entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Cumulus Media Little Rock – KLAL/Alice 107.7 – 700 Wellington Hills Road, Little Rock, Arkansas 72211
PRIZE SPONSOR: IncentRev – Sweet Deals/Half Off – 3280 Peachtree Rd,Ste. 2200 Atlanta, GA 30305
Simmons Bank Arena – 1 Simmons Bank Arena Drive, NLR AR 72114
The Hall – 721 West 9th St Little Rock, AR 72201
The Litte Rock Zoo – 1 Zoo Drive Little Rock, AR 72205
Robinson Performance Hall – 426 West Markham St Little Rock, AR 72201
Walmart AMP 5079 W Northgate Rd. Rogers, AR 72758